New Zealand Retreat, 18,19, 20th January 2019
The first Healthcare focussed Healing Harps Retreat will be held in the sunny Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
If you have ever wanted to visit NZ and were not sure how to see it 'like a local' then here is your chance, I am offering to help you design the best Kiwi adventure ever.
No more worries about how to drive on the wrong side of the road, I will collect you from Auckland airport, giving you a few days to acclimatize before hiring a car away from the Auckland traffic!
No worries about what to see and do I will personally assist your magical journey through the land of the long white cloud Aoteaora.
I am currently devising a fabulous Itinerary for some of the attendees and will send it to anyone who wishes help with planning what to do after the Retreat.
The focus of our retreat will be "Emiemi aroha nui" which means 'a gathering with love', since NZ is at least an 8 hour plane ride from the US and even further from the UK/China/Philippines it is likely that most THTP whanau will come for more than the 3 days, and this is where I can be of use in helping you design a holiday of a lifetime.
An outline of the THTP NZ Retreat special events are as follows;
FRIDAY 18th January 2019
Arrivals into Auckland Airport (I know you might have different arrival times but those that arrive earlier can visit something nice in Auckland whilst we await any others)
Transport provided to the Retreat you can relax whilst I deal with the crazy Friday Auckland traffic!
Evening Bush walk, long soak in the thermal springs to recover from the journey http://www.fernlandspa.co.nz/
Pizza oven will be fired up and awaiting orders.
- Breakfast, followed by welcome session introducing Hauora (the Maori model of Healthcare)
- Then choose between Kahuna Bodywork sessions, exploring indigenous Maori instruments, browsing the CHM library or 1:1 session with one of the Retreat Presenters.
- 11 Coffee/Tea
- 11.30 Leave to travel to the waterfall and bush walks at Mclarens Fall Park where we will have lunch at 12. http://www.tauranga.govt.nz/exploring/parks-and-reserves/parks/mclaren-falls
- Leave Maclarens Falls at 2 to travel to Welcome Bay
- Emiemi aroha nui session, we will be voyaging together as a group to produce a finished composition in a recording studio. We will be going to https://www.fragilecolours.com/and create something just for us to take away.
- Evening meal and music with a Kiwi flavour,
- Fun play through some simple NZ Music arrangements that we might take to play on Sunday.
- Travel to Tauranga Historic Village http://www.historicvillage.co.nz/ for a presentation about Healthcare music, there is a Farmers Sunday market taking place too which we will visit as well.
- Small group playing in the Historic and beautifully decorated Church, Koha session for the public, opportunity to explore repertoire with each other.
- Visit Yatton park to see some of the biggest and most historic trees in NZ and enjoy a short bush walk, travel back home.
- Sunday evening Grand Buffet (Pot luck supper, NZ iconic tradition)
- Community music, share something special, play one of the available instruments.
- Morning course "Using sound beds in Healthcare settings"
This intensive will enable you to leave the course understanding how to begin a Vibro Healing sound bed, Upon completion of the course you will
have the technical knowledge to wire your own sound bed affordably
have had a session on a sound bed, Understand how to incorporate sound and vibration into a clinical setting. Receive discounted access to my online training course enabling you to continue to learn more about this fascinating addition to your role as a CHM.
Venue Te Puna Quarry Park
From our location you are within a couple of hours of
- The Thermal wonderland in Rotorua,
- Live Volcano at White Island
- Lake Taupo
- Iconic wildnerness walks(with no scary animals/insects/snakes etc to hurt you!!)
- Gold Mine
- In fact there's heaps to do! So after the Retreat you can hire a car/motorhome locally and wander off either staying elsewhere or with us presuming we have enough space!
All the information regarding costs for both International Kiwi attendees are on the downloadable Word document under RESOURCES on the THTP website, please head there for all the info. The Fee for International attendees covers all of the accommodation, food, all classes, Quantum Vibro Healing Course and transport from Auckland Airport.(3 Hours away), trips to local tourist venues/parks (but not any admission costs).For NZ residents please check out the different fees as you might have your own transportation from Auckland or only be able to stay for part of the Retreat.
For those THTP whanau who are able/want to stay for longer at our home then we have available 3 double rooms plus a rather posh tent with real beds in it! (X 2 single). Further accommodation is available in Katikati for any guest at extremly reasonable rates so please ask!
I will be very happy to help with sourcing other accommodation either in my locality or further afield around New Zealand.
Regardless of numbers that attend the Retreat will take place so you can book airfares with confidence, please ask for help regarding flights etc, best local airlines to NZ are Air New Zealand who fly direct from
many US cities
Quantas, Hawaiian Air plus of course all the major American/British /Chinese Airlines, Air new Zealand will give you the biggest economy seats plus you do get the Kiwi hospitality from the get go!
I know the 2019 THTP Retreat will be a very special event, I truly hope that YOU will be a part of it.
ANY questions, send them in to
Sign up for the course
The Therapy Harp Training Program is an internationally accredited healthcare music training course fully advocating that spirituality is a necessary component in ministering to a patient/client.