New Zealand THTP Retreat, 18,19, 20th January 2019
This AMAZING event is filling up! Download the booking form in “RESOURCES” to secure your place,
If you have ever wanted to visit NZ and were not sure how to see it ‘like a local’ then here is your chance, I am offering to help you design the best Kiwi adventure ever.
No more worries about how to drive on the wrong side of the road, I will collect you from Auckland airport, giving you a few days to acclimatize before hiring a car away from the Auckland traffic!
No worries about what to see and do I will personally assist your magical journey through the land of the long white cloud Aoteaora.
I am currently devising a fabulous Itinerary for some of the attendees and will send it to anyone who wishes help with planning what to do after the Retreat.
The focus of our retreat will be “Emiemi aroha nui” which means ‘a gathering with love’, since NZ is at least an 8 hour plane ride from the US and even further from the UK/China/Philippines it is likely that most THTP whanau will come for more than the 3 days, and this is where I can be of use in helping you design a holiday of a lifetime.
An outline of the THTP NZ Retreat special events are as follows;
FRIDAY 18th January 2019
Arrivals into Auckland Airport (I know you might have different arrival times but those that arrive earlier can visit something nice in Auckland whilst we await any others)
Transport provided to the Retreat you can relax whilst I deal with the crazy Friday Auckland traffic!
Evening Bush walk, long soak in the thermal springs to recover from the journey
Pizza oven will be fired up and awaiting orders.
Saturday 19th January
- Breakfast, followed by welcome session introducing Hauora (the Maori model of Healthcare)
- Then choose between Kahuna Bodywork sessions, exploring indigenous Maori instruments, browsing the CHM library or 1:1 session with one of the Retreat Presenters.
- 11 Coffee/Tea
- 11.30 Leave to travel to the waterfall and bush walks at Mclarens Fall Park where we will have lunch at 12. http://www.tauranga.govt.nz/exploring/parks-and-reserves/parks/mclaren-falls
- Leave Maclarens Falls at 1.30 to travel to Welcome Bay
- Emiemi aroha nui session, we will be voyaging together as a group to produce a finished composition in a recording studio. We will be going to https://www.fragilecolours.com/ and create something just for us to take away.
- Evening Hangi (meal cooked in the ground !) and music with a Kiwi flavour, https://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/maori-hangi/
- Fun play through some simple NZ Music arrangements that we might take to the rest home on Sunday to play.
Sunday 20th January
- Visit Cedar Manor (local nursing home) to play for the residents
- Go to Yatton park to see some of the biggest and most historic trees in NZ and enjoy a picnic lunch.
- Afternoon various workshops to choose from
- Ka huna Bodywork, 1 :1 sessions with Presenters, small ensembles, building repertoire,
- Harp/Flute/Vocal in healthcare music.
- Sunday evening Grand Buffet (Pot luck supper, NZ iconic tradition)
- Community music, share something special, play one of the available instruments.
Monday 21st January
Quantum Vibro Massage 1 Day Intensive Course
- Full day course “Using sound beds in Healthcare settings”
This intensive will enable you to leave the course understanding how to begin a Vibro Healing sound bed,
Upon completion of the course you will;
- have the technical knowledge to wire your own sound bed affordably
- have had a session on a sound bed
- Understand how to incorporate sound and vibration into a clinical setting.
- Receive discounted access to my online training course enabling you to continue to learn more about this fascinating addition to your role as a CHM.
Venue Te Puna Quarry Park
Start time 10 am
Finish time 4 pm
From our location you are within a couple of hours of
- The Thermal wonderland in Rotorua,
- Live Volcano at White Island
- Lake Taupo
- Iconic wildnerness walks(with no scary animals/insects/snakes etc to hurt you!!)
- Gold Mine
- In fact there’s heaps to do! So after the Retreat you can hire a car/motorhome locally and wander off either staying elsewhere or with us presuming we have enough space!
The retreat for International students will be $250 US each, this includes 3 nights of accommodation, food, all classes, Quantum Vibro Healing Course and transport from Auckland Airport.(3 Hours away), trips to local tourist venues/parks (but not any admission costs).
For NZ residents it will be $99 for the weekend Retreat and if you also attend the Monday course you will benefit from the discounted delegate fee of $99 rather than the full fee of $175 plus you will still receive discounted access to the full QVM course.
(You will be using your own transportation and making your own accommodation arrangements of course.(Please ask about the possible homestay.) Lunch and dinner is provided on Saturday and Sunday.
For those THTP whanau who are able/want to stay for longer at our home then we have available 3 double rooms plus a rather posh tent with real beds in it! (X 2 single)
I will be very happy to help with sourcing other accommodation either in my locality or further afield around New Zealand.
Regardless of numbers that attend the Retreat will take place so you can book airfares with confidence, please ask for help regarding flights etc, best local airlines to NZ are Air New Zealand who fly direct from
many US cities
Quantas, Hawaiian Air plus of course all the major American/British /Chinese Airlines, Air new Zealand will give you the biggest economy seats plus you do get the Kiwi hospitality from the get go!
I know the 2019 THTP Retreat will be a very special event, I truly hope that YOU will be a part of it.
ANY questions, send them in to