Therapy Harp Training Program
Welcome to the Therapy Harp Training Program
Director: Helen Morrison (B.Ed Mus), Tasmania, Australia
The Therapy Harp Training Program (THTP) is a fully online course for people from all over the world who are interested in becoming qualified as a Certified Healthcare Musician (CHM).
Instruments may include Harp, Piano, Voice, Dulcimer, Recorder, Flute and Guitar, and it is suggested that you have around one year of lessons and playing experience before commencing the course. Please get in touch if you are unsure about your level.
The course is divided into four (4) Units, and you will work on a range of practical and theoretical aspects, an independent research project, practicum hours in your local area, and book and video reviews.
Support is available from the Director via email, assessment feedback, the private Facebook page, regular Zoom meetings and newsletters.
THTP students are trained to offer healthcare music for patients and clients in a range of community settings. Healthcare music can be played in hospitals, nursing homes, hospice facilities, wellbeing centres, yoga studios, online sessions, mental health support and more.
At THTP we view healthcare music as part of a holistic approach to wellbeing, and we acknowledge that each patient or client is an individual with their own unique and changing needs, values and beliefs.
At THTP, we encourage a compassion-based approach, and the wellbeing of the whole person's body, mind and spirit is at the forefront of what we do. Music enhances the health and comfort of the patient or client bringing a sense of peace, calm and connection.
The Therapy Harp Training Program is proud to be accredited by the Australian Therapeutic Harpists Association (ATHA), and THTP graduates are eligible to apply for full membership of this excellent and supportive organisation.
Benefits of studying the Therapy Harp Training Program
Qualify as a Clinical Healthcare Musician
Increase your musical skills for work in healthcare settings
Explore the world of sound, vibration and intent
Build skills in self-awareness, compassion and empathy
Connect with healthcare musicians around the world
What is unique about the Therapy Harp Training Program?
- Includes online lessons, interactive quizzes, videos and book reviews in a self-paced learning environment.
- THTP thoroughly prepares you for your work as a Clinical Healthcare Musician (CHM)
- At THTP you will experience an individual, compassion-based approach working with YOUR musical skills and passions.
- You are personally looked after by the Director who has over 30 years experience in delivering music education programs - your studies are in safe hands!
- The course is divided into 4 Units at $199USD per Unit, as at November 2021.
- THTP prepares you to play therapeutic music for a wide range of healthcare settings, such as hospitals, medical clinics, animal care centres, yoga studios and private practice.
- THTP is a supportive healthcare music training program and each student is an important and valuable part of the THTP community.
Helen Morrison, the Director of THTP, presented two therapeutic harp workshops at Harp Fest NZ, Auckland, New Zealand, February 3-6, 2023. A wonderful and inspiring international harp event.
Sign up for the Therapy Harp Training Program
The Therapy Harp Training Program is a fully online healthcare music course accredited by the Australian Therapeutic Harpists Association (ATHA). At THTP we bring live therapeutic music to healthcare settings to enhance the health and wellbeing of patients. Our ethos is one of respect, inclusivity and compassion.