If your question isn’t answered here, please get in touch at [email protected]
- The course is completely online.
- There is a book list of required reading with short reviews or quizzes to be completed.
- Once you are registered you can change your password or update your details in your account settings.
- You are not expected to travel as a requirement to become certified, other than to your practicum facilities.
- You can start the course at any time that is convenient for you.
- You have live support from the THTP Director.
- If you have individual learning needs please ask how this course can be tailored to enable you to succeed.
What will I need to enrol in the Course?
- Apart from the cost of the 4 Units (which are purchased separately), you will need to budget for the required reading materials. Every effort is made to list books that are available as audio books, e-books, or through reputable online book stores.
- You will need the following hardware/software/equipment:
- A computer with a camera or webcam and computer skills, be able to access Zoom, and be able to upload documents to Dropbox. There is a private page on Facebook but it is not an essential requirement.
- A harp (or another instrument appropriate for healthcare music).
Most importantly you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to commit to completing the course in a timely manner (usually 2-3 years).
- Be open to working in a variety of places like hospitals, hospice, day clinics, correctional facilities, the wellbeing sector and community centres.
- Be aware that there is a universal energy that connects all of us.
- Be passionate about helping others through live music.
- Be compassionate, kind, flexible and self-aware.
Upon completion of THTP you will have knowledge and skills that include:
- Therapeutic music and its role in the community.
- Playing at the bedside for patients of all ages and conditions.
- "Intent" as it relates to healthcare music.
- building repertoire
- Facility protocols
- Patient Assessment
- Self-care as a therapeutic musician.