If your question isn’t answered here, please get in touch and ask me directly!
- The course is completely online.
- Once you are registered you can change your password or update your details in your account settings.
- You are not expected to travel as a requirement to become certified, other than to your practicum facilities.
- You can start the course anytime that is convenient for you.
- You have live support from the Director.
- This Program is compassion-based so if you have individual learning needs please ask how this course can be tailored to enable you to succeed.
What will I need to enrol in the Course?
- You will need to budget for the required reading materials. Every effort is made to have the books available as audio books, e-books, or through reputable online book stores.
- You will need the following hardware/software/equipment:
- A computer with a camera or webcam and computer skills, be able to access Zoom, and be able to upload documents to Dropbox. There is a private page on Facebook but it is not an essential requirement
- A harp (or another instrument appropriate for healthcare music).
Most importantly you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to commit to completing the course in a timely manner
- Be open to working in a variety of places like hospitals, hospice, day clinics, correctional facilities, wellbeing and community centres.
- Understand that there is a universal energy that affects all of us
- Be passionate about helping others
- Be compassionate, kind, flexible and self-aware.
You do not need to:
You do not need: To be an advanced musician. You just need to be familiar and comfortable with your instrument and be able to play at a basic level. The simplest music is the best music for bedside and other healthcare music.
You do not need to travel to complete this course. You do not need to be proficient at more than one instrument.
You do not need to spend money taking a preparatory class in order to become a THTP student or purchase and study other materials prior to becoming a THTP student.
Upon completion of this course
you will have a solid knowledge and skill base in:
- Music for those in transition
- Bedside technique in hospitals for patients of all ages and conditions
- The use of "Intent"
- Bedside music skills for those with specific conditions and illness
- Energy/Spiritual healing
- Facility Protocol
- Patient Assessment and much more.