Student Grievance Procedure
In accordance with the Therapy Harp Training Program's procedures, THTP will make every attempt to resolve any student complaint that is not frivolous or without merit. Complaint procedures will be included in the training information assuring that all students know the steps to follow should they desire to register a complaint at any time. Evidence of final resolution of all complaints will be retained in THTP files in order to determine the frequency, nature, and patterns of complaints for the training program.
The following procedure outlines the specific steps of the complaint process.
- The student should register the complaint in writing within 30 days of the date that the act which is the subject of the grievance or complaint occurred.
- The complaint needs to be emailed to the Director.
- The complaint will be reviewed by the Director and a response will be sent in writing to the student within 30 days of receiving the complaint. The initial response may not provide for final resolution of the problem but will notify the student of continued investigation and/or actions being taken regarding the complaint.
- If the complaint is of such nature that it cannot be resolved by the Director, it will be referred to an appropriate agency, if applicable.
Depending on the extent and nature of the complaint, interviews with appropriate staff and other students may be necessary to reach a final resolution of the complaint.
- In cases of extreme conflict, it may be necessary to conduct an informal hearing regarding the complaint. If necessary, management will appoint a hearing committee consisting of one member selected by the training program who has had no involvement in the dispute and who may also be another member who may not be related to the student filing the complaint or another student in the training program, and another member who may not be employed by the training program or related to the training program owner. The hearing will occur within 90 days of committee appointment. The hearing will be informal with the student presenting his/her case followed by the training program's response. The hearing committee will be allowed to ask questions of all involved parties. Within 15 days of the hearing, the committee will prepare a report summarising the testimony of each witness, and a recommended resolution for the dispute. THTP program management shall consider the report and either accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the committee. The Director shall consider the report and either accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the committee.
- Students must exhaust the training program’s internal complaint process before submitting the complaint to the training program’s accrediting agency, if applicable.